Inside AMP

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Message from PaperGirl

Here is a message from PaperGirl regarding the cancellation of this week's slam poetry event...

"Oh, my friends.

I am writing with horrible news. It's horrible.

I got out of the hospital yesterday after a full week inside, recovering
from major intestinal surgery. I'm home in Chicago, as I had to leave NYC three
weeks early to come home to my surgeon. I had planned to travel to W&M from NYC
on Amtrak; I have my ticket receipt and everything.

I have to cancel. I *never* cancel. Ever. Ever, ever. But I'm
messed up. I can't walk upright, I'm in tremendous pain... I cannot tell you
how excited I was to come to you. I was *bragging* about it. I mean come on,
it's freakin' William & Mary. People were impressed; I was beyond stoked.


I'm so sorry. Sorry doesn't cover it. I'm sick about it. Truly. Writing
this email is honestly making me feel like I want to throw up.

Please don't hold it against me. Believe me,
it's nothing I ever wanted. Any of this..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home